Monday, March 10, 2014

Luck Of The Irish

I am not Irish, but looking around my home, I found a surprising number of Irish themed treasures!  I even pulled out my glue gun and created this door wreath from some of these items!

I had a few Waterford pieces that made a pretty table display...
and I found a couple wedding gifts that are now 28 years old...
An Old Irish Blessing

I decided I shouldn't photograph the Irish Coffee Cups without them holding an appropriate beverage

Irish Coffee
6 oz of your fav coffee
1 oz Irish Liqueur
1 oz Irish Whiskey
2 tspn Brown Sugar
Whipped Cream Topping

Kissed By A Leprechaun is another fun drink I concocted!
2 oz Chocolate Liqueur
1 oz Vodka
Splash of Half and Half

Raise your glass and try one of these Irish toasts,
"May Your Glass Always Be Full!"
"May You Be In Heaven a half hour Before the Devil Knows You're Dead!"

So, now we have a festive mood with Irish decor and fun Irish drinks to warm all of us leprechauns and we can head to the dinner table for some fine Irish food! 
You are all invited to visit my St Pattys Party Board on Pinterest at http://www.pinterest.com/rwodecki/st-pattys-party/ and find table decor, party snacks and recipes for Irish Pasties, Irish Stew, Shepherd's Pie, Bangers and Mash and a Wearing O' Green cake to make us all feel like we found the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow!



2 comments:

Unknown said...

How much fun was that treasure hunt around your house? Love the inspiration to kick up a little Irish fun ... I'm even going to get lucky with that Kiss from a Leprechaun!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.