Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Calling All Fashionistas!

I love to keep up with the #fashion trends.  This winter I went scarf and boot crazy!  While doing some recent Spring Cleaning, I noticed that I had more fashion finds than could fit in my closet.   A few of these shopping treasures still have the tags on them and many are gently worn at worst.  I made some tough decisions on what to keep and what to donate…but then I thought, why not have a Clothing Swap with my girlfriends?  This  would allow us to "shop and swap" for a win-win evening with my fellow fashionistas!
Keep the rules simple.  Ask each fashionista to bring 10 gently used items - clothing/accessories of similar value to items others are bringing - to be shared in a group email prior to the party.  Numbers are drawn to determine the order of the swap selection.  
Everyone goes home with newfound inspiration to spice up their wardrobe!
When the swap is over,  relax with wine and cheese!
Any left over items can be donated!
My closet will soon be organized, tidy and ready to welcome some new tenants!
 Be sure to display clothing on a rack so it's easy to see all the merchandise!  Pair up jewelry to show off the clothing or vice versa.  Accessories are important, in case all your friends aren't the same size.  After all, we can ALL boast that we still fit in the earrings we wore in high school!
 Start your Spring Cleaning and have a clothing swap party with all the fashionistas in your life!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's a GREAT idea Rena!!! Did you plan a date yet? I'd be up for that - although I hope you have some other height challenged friends like Terry and I! :)

Unknown said...

Glad you like it! Hoping to plan this very soon!