Sunday, April 13, 2014

Dressed To Kill Was A Thrill!

High energy, fun, entertaining, inspiring and just plain cool with lots of sparkle!  That's how I'd describe my all time favorite celebrity, #Cher!  She is as beautiful and fit as she was when I first set  eyes on this divine diva, way back in the early 70's.  This #D2K concert tour is freakin' awesome!  
Her concert encompassed the span of her career from the Sonny and Cher years, including an "I Got You Babe" duet with Sonny via a projector screen.  Also up on screen were clips from her many movies.  The many costume and wig changes were fantastical as only Cher could rock them.  Dance numbers were a colorful, eclectic collection of Cher through the decades.  Cher's dancers were incredibly talented, including aerial artists, but they still didn't outshine Cher, who did more awesome strutting than dancing.   Her big personality is fun, honest and charismatic.  She shared funny stories, including her love of Dr. Pepper (makes me wanna pick up a 6 pack next time I'm at the grocery store).  I hope this isn't her final "Farewell" tour.  At 67 years young, Cher rocked it like she was still in her 20's with a rocking voice and body to match!  I couldn't help but dance along when she belted out Believe,  It's A Woman's World, If I Could Turn Back Time, I Hope You Find It, and of course, I had to sing along to Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves, Half Breed and my fave,  I Got You Babe!  It felt like I spent an evening celebrating with a fabulous friend.  
Memories to last a lifetime!  
Cher's energy and young spirit is inspiring, encouraging and reinforces the meaning behind my mantra: "Age is an attitude."
Oh, I can't forget to mention that the great icon somehow managed to get Pat Benatar to "open" for her!       Pat Benatar and her hubby, Neil Giraldo, celebrating 35 years of marriage, rocked the house with all of Benatar's hits.  Her voice is as strong as ever and together they are a power couple!
If you have the opportunity to see this awesome D2K tour, don't miss it!  Cher kicked butt in Indy and I can only hope for a second chance to see her in concert!  


No comments: