Monday, June 9, 2014

Grads and Dads

Grads and Dads

Just returned from an action packed 4 day weekend in our native California to celebrate two special graduates
My Niece, a Cal Grad!
My nephew, on his way to Cal!




And
Two
Fabulous
Fathers!!

My Mom, My Dad and Me!
My brother in law, father in law and husband together for an early Father's Day weekend.


Our nephew graduated from High School and our niece graduated from college.  California lived up to its reputation and provided a warm, sunny backdrop as we enjoyed outdoor graduation ceremonies and dinner parties in Monterey. My sister in law had a lovely graduation  dinner at their beautiful home that allowed us to catch up on everyone’s  busy lives and exciting summer plans. 
Beautiful Santana Row in San Jose was a perfect spot to celebrate an early Father’s Day with my Dad. 
We enjoyed brunch at The Left Bank, a French bistro that served up some fabulous oysters, escargot, scallops, eggs benedict and Bloody Marys.  After brunch we stopped at a wine bar to sample a flight of wines and champagnes while we listened to a talented trio of musicians under a gorgeous oak tree in a park like setting.
Father's Day Brunch with my Dad at Left Bank 

My Dad reading his Father's Day Card...





My Mom and Me toasting to my fabulous father!
  Window shopping and people watching while we walked off the calories, felt like we were on a European vacation.







  We topped  the afternoon off at Consuelo’s Mexican Cantina with a cold drink, tableside guacamole and fresh corn tortillas  before our drive back to Monterey.
  A traditional home cooked Polish dinner that evening with my Father in law was a perfect ending to a perfect day.
My Father In Law's traditional Polish Dinner - golompki (pronounced "goo-womp-ki")

Pierogi
 

Among all the festivities, I managed to fit in coffee time with my niece as we ran a few pre-graduation errands
as well as exercise time with my husband on the beach each morning.  Yoga and running on the beach was the perfect motivation to stay on our exercise routine.
   
Our return flight home included a four hour layover in Las Vegas.  Fortunately, my fabulous cousin and her husband live less than two hours from Las Vegas and joined us at the airport for dinner and drinks and a fun send off back to Indiana.
 
Four fabulous days with family in our home state of California left us feeling blessed.  A Happy Father's Day indeed!



    

No comments: